Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tree tops...

Over the long weekend I was lucky to catch a ride up to my aunts place outside of Peterbourgh.  She lives on a beautiful farm, surrounded by fields and trees and possibly a lonely bear (who i thankfully did not meet on this visit...no offense to lonely bear...i'm just not that great a navigating wild animal social situations).
I took a bunch of photos while we walked through the trails that ran off behind the barn and into the woods, following muddy streams lined with early spring grass and winter baked trees. My favourite images that came out of these nature walks were a series of tree tops i found when looking way up into the sky.  I love how the branches just peek up through the frame, startled and still, like wild life on guard and listening...



2 comments:

Sharolyn said...

lovely to see things from a different perspective. sounds like a very relaxing weekend!

Celine said...

rhya, I simply adore these photos!