Today's Events... Well winter is still here...so today started with boots and all the other layers one needs to deal with the weather right now. Thankfully, I believe that the snow banks are finally starting to seep away, they are no longer matching me in height which is very reassuring. Kye and I tried to embrace Saturday's blizzard with an evening stroll to Mother India (roti hot spot). It was a great on the journey there, we laughed and snapped some pics of our adventure, our hats becoming mini snow banks themselves, and making it quite easy to play "pretend to be a mountain" along the side streets. The way back was less enjoyable, mostly due to unfavorable winds, socks squirming to the end of boots, and brain freeze. But eventually we made it home safe and sound, snow drenched and ready for dinner. All in all a good night.
The truck holds onto the smell of hip waders like you wouldn’t believe. They are roasting in the back cabin. The push and pull of his foot on the brake, the stretched melodies on the warped cassettes and his stories spinning faster than the wheels, makes for a good ride.
List Cherry chapped stick, the taste of grade three Skin flaking as if gravity were missing Hair reaching shoulders, damp still the hamburger phone from the Dawson’s house, the scent of plastic and gossip ten minutes till work
i went outside after sunday to try to find something with stems, with leaves, something to remind me that our feet would soon be able to run about with out socks. i found this couch, wedged in a snow bank. it was mostly the colour of the seventies, but the daisies were sweet.
kyle proposed to me the day before i went out and about, looking for life. the day before it was several degrees warmer, and the snow banks were slowly melting away, making our sidewalks into shallow rivers, running towards the roads. we were heading for dinner with friends. our feet were swallowed up in socks and boots, our steps heavy. it was awkward traveling through the water ways. we tripped on ice bergs, and had to hide from Arctic night monsters, you know the ones that live in a miniature state, until the sun sets, then they grow into giants...it was quite an ordeal getting to the corner of our street. And then we were safe in the humm of street light, and that's when kyle turned to me and proposed a proposal, a very seriously serious proposal! And I said a very certainly certain yes! It was a wondrously wonderful thing. After we held hands and did a dance in our winter boots, pounding puddles into disarray and sending the Arctic animals into a frenzy.
mid way through february...i am dreaming about spring...where i won't have rings of dry skin on my legs from winter boots and socks snaking down to my toes...where there will be less layers...less ice slicks and less long johns. hurry up sunshine.
1. I like to flick pillow cases between my fingers. I find it relaxing...yes it's weird...and yes I have been doing it since I was born...and no I will probably never quit.
2. My all time favorite foods are as follows:
-saag paneer rotis from Ghandi's in Toronto
-marina and kyle's enchiladas
-my grandmother's kugelis
3. When I am alone in the kitchen cooking, I like to pretend like I am on a cooking show and do a commentary as I cook, i will also answer my imaginary viewers questions...is that weird? cause it feels kind of weird?
4. I am not a fan of spiders or sharks...though I like to google pictures of them to freak just to myself out.
5. I chatter incessantly when I am nervous...as a kid my dad nick named me Sammy Blue Jay after that annoying bird in the Green Forest.
6. I still watch Degrassi!
7. As a child I had a mini wall shrine for the late great Jim Henson.
1. link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
As for who I am going to tag...well i am not sure who is still reading this here ol' blog, but i am going to shoot out these names...though I will probably forget to leave a comment to tell them to do it.