Friday, February 15, 2008
1. I like to flick pillow cases between my fingers. I find it relaxing...yes it's weird...and yes I have been doing it since I was born...and no I will probably never quit.
2. My all time favorite foods are as follows:
-saag paneer rotis from Ghandi's in Toronto
-marina and kyle's enchiladas
-my grandmother's kugelis
3. When I am alone in the kitchen cooking, I like to pretend like I am on a cooking show and do a commentary as I cook, i will also answer my imaginary viewers questions...is that weird? cause it feels kind of weird?
4. I am not a fan of spiders or sharks...though I like to google pictures of them to freak just to myself out.
5. I chatter incessantly when I am nervous...as a kid my dad nick named me Sammy Blue Jay after that annoying bird in the Green Forest.
6. I still watch Degrassi!
7. As a child I had a mini wall shrine for the late great Jim Henson.
1. link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
As for who I am going to tag...well i am not sure who is still reading this here ol' blog, but i am going to shoot out these names...though I will probably forget to leave a comment to tell them to do it.
and that seems like enough for now.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Monday, February 11, 2008
So this year I have decided to bring it back a little. Take more time to write, to draw, and to make. The last few years have been a challenging and exciting adventure, and I finally feel like I am coming back to a place where I have time to explore other themes again. Big Cheer right here!
Here are some words I wrote on arrival home after a beautiful week in Oaxaca, Mexico:
rI step in patches of light and let the dust smudge my eyes.
The horizon guides my footsteps safely through deep valley trails and windowless stories.
I can no longer keep track of the colours.
You take my heart and hide it in the pine forest, along with the cool wind and quiet.
I am resting peaceful now.